Academic Staff - Full Member
This grade of membership is open to those who lecture in courses in Rehabilitation Counsellor academic programs accredited by ASORC ®. Part-time lecturing staff will also be considered for this grade of membership. Academic membership lapses on the cessation of teaching in the ASORC ® accredited Rehabilitation Course.
Academic members do not need to hold formal educational qualifications in Rehabilitation Counselling or to have had specific work experience as a Rehabilitation Counsellor.
(Note: acquisition of Full Membership via academic status does not necessarily deem the person appropriate to carry out certain services under the various accident and workers compensation schemes. Evidence of skill in the required area would need to be proven to the appropriate authority).
- Journal of Rehabilitation Counselling - 2 per year (individual subscription price $343 per year)
- Core Competencies of Rehabilitation Counselling Booklet
- Code of Ethics Booklet
- Ambassador Membership Card - offers access to reduced rates for a range of dining, accommodation, goods and services
- ASORC Membership Certificate
- Use of post-nominal MASRC ® to indicate professional membership of the Society
- Member rates for ASORC ® PD activities
- Member rates for ASORC ® Biennial Conference
- Regular Newsletters/updates
- Web access
Use of post-nominals:
Academic Staff-Full Members are entitled to use the post nominal MASRC ® to indicate professional membership of the Society. This entitlement ceases on the termination of the person’s academic contract in the accredited ASORC ® program.
Voting rights and membership fees:
Academic Staff-Full Members are not eligible to vote, but can hold senior advisory positions on the ASORC ® Council.
Academic Staff-Full Members are required to pay an annual membership fee.
Application Fee: $66.00 (GST inclusive)