Academic Staff - Provisional Member
This grade of membership is open to academics involved in Rehabilitation Counselling programmes that are preparing to apply for ASORC ® accreditation. Academic membership lapses if and when the Rehabilitation Course they are aligned with, fails to meet ASORC’s accreditation requirements, or on termination of the person’s academic contract.
Academic members do not need to hold formal educational qualifications in Rehabilitation Counselling or to have had specific work experience as a Rehabilitation Counsellor.
(Please Note: Acquisition of this category of membership does not deem a person appropriate to carry out certain services under the various accident and workers compensation schemes. Evidence of skill in the required area would need to be proven to the appropriate authority and/or the person should apply for ASORC ® full membership http://www.asorc.org.au/membership/type/full-1-year)
- Journal of Rehabilitation Counselling - 2 per year (individual subscription price $343 per year)
- Core Competencies of Rehabilitation Counselling Booklet
- Code of Ethics Booklet
- Ambassador Membership Card - offers access to reduced rates for a range of dining, accommodation, goods and services
- ASORC ® Membership Certificate
- Member rates for ASORC ® PD activities
- Member rates for ASORC ® Conference
- Regular Newsletters/updates
- Web access
Use of post-nominals:
Academic Staff - Provisional Members are not entitled to use the post nominal MASRC ® to indicate professional membership of the Society.
Voting rights and membership fees:
Academic Staff - Provisional Members are not eligible to vote.
Academic Staff - Provisional Membership must pay the same fee as a Full member http://www.asorc.org.au/membershipinformation/membership-fees-payments
Application Fee: $66.00 (GST inclusive)