Code of Ethics
Rehabilitation Counsellors must demonstrate adherence to ethical standards and must ensure that these standards are enforced vigorously.
The ASORC ® Code of Ethics consists of two levels:
- Rules of Professional Conduct
The Standards are general principles to aspire to or of an inspirational nature reflecting the fundamental spirit of caring and respect which professionals share. The Rules of Conduct are more exacting in that they provide guidance in specific circumstances.
The ASORC ® Code of Ethics is broken down into 8 key areas of rehabilitation counsellor functioning as follows:
- General Ethical Principles
- Rehabilitation Counsellor and the client
- Rehabilitation Counsellor and employers
- Rehabilitation Counsellor and other rehabilitation counsellors
- Rehabilitation Counsellor and other professionals
- Rehabilitation Counsellor and his/her employer, agency or supervisor
- Rehabilitation Counsellor and the community
- Rehabilitation Counsellor and maintenance of professional competency
Should a member of the Society be observed to be in breach (or potentially in breach) of one of the standards or rules of conduct, ASORC ® has provided information to assist in invoking a particular section of the Code of Ethics.
HOW TO PURCHASE THE CODE OF ETHICS BOOKLET
The ASORC ® Code of Ethics is available for $25.00 (inclusive of GST, postage and handling).
- Purchase online by hitting the button below
- Post your cheque or money order to: ASORC ® National, PO Box H189 Hurlstone Park NSW 2193
- Direct deposit to: ASORC ® National, CBA Lutwyche Qld, BSB: 064 100, Account Number: 1003 4505.
A copy of the Code of Ethics booklet is an ASORC ® membership entitlement.