How to Join
The Australian Society of Rehabilitation Counsellors Ltd. (ASORC ®) accepts applications from individuals only for the following levels of membership:
- Academic Staff - Full Member
- Academic Staff - Provisional Member
The standard membership pathway is open to applicants with ASORC ® accredited rehabilitation counselling qualifications only. For more information on ASORC ® Accredited Courses click here: http://www.asorc.org.au/education/asorc-accredited-university-courses
The alternate membership pathway is open to applicants with undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications in closely allied disciplines such as those with a psychology and/or behavioural sciences foundation.
By joining ASORC ® you strengthen your profession and your future. Make a commitment to your profession and to your own personal development by lodging an application today. As an ASORC ® member, you will benefit from the opportunities for continuing education, supervision, mentoring and networking; and from ASORC's strong and recognised presence as a key stakeholder in discussions at State and Federal government level regarding the future of the profession.
Please review membership types and eligibility criteria thoroughly before lodging an application.
Pro-rata membership fees may apply if joining part-way through our membership year (1 July to 30 June)
How to Apply
Online by completing the form below and uploading your documents.
Please review checklist below before lodging your application:
Student Member Application Checklist - You will need to:
- Complete ASORC ® Membership Application
- Submit proof of current enrolment in an ASORC ® accredited RC course from a recognised Tertiary Institution
- Pay Student membership fee
All other Membership Applications Checklist - You will need to:
- Complete ASORC ® Membership Application form
- Provide Certified copies of Degrees/Qualifications - including transcripts (if not an ASORC ® accredited RC qualification)
- Provide a current CV * and where possible duty statements or position descriptions
- Other relevant information which would support your application may also be included in your application.
- Pay application fee
* CV should include comprehensive details of any relevant employment experience in the rehabilitation counselling industry.
Payment of application fee is required before processing online applications (excepting student applications). The application fee is not refundable should your application be unsuccessful. Processing of fees does not constitute approval of your membership application.
An invoice can be raised for membership fees if required - please contact National Office to organise on 1800 643 155.
Outcome of Application
You will be advised in writing regarding the outcome of your application. The minimum timeframe is 4 weeks.
Please be aware ASORC ® has an absolute discretion as to whether to accept or reject your application, "without the provision of reasons" (ASORC ® Constitution).