Full Membership is open to Rehabilitation Counselling practitioners who meet the relevant qualifications and experience requirements. This is the category of membership that denotes professional status.
For the standard pathway to Full Membership, applicants will have completed an ASORC ® accredited undergraduate (bachelor) degree, graduate diploma or post graduate degree in Rehabilitation Counselling.
However, automatic admission as a full member upon completion of post graduate course of study in Rehabilitation Counselling is not guaranteed and will be subject to review of the applicants qualifications and experience.
The alternative pathway is available for experienced practitioners who do not meet the standard pathway requirements. Alternative Pathway applications are dealt with on a case by case basis by the Membership Committee. Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- An undergraduate (bachelor) degree, graduate diploma or post graduate degree in Behavioural Sciences. These typically include psychology, behavioural sciences, and some social sciences and health sciences qualifications and;
- A history of current work in a professional position requiring the use of the Rehabilitation Counselling Core Competencies for a period of at least 3 years full-time equivalent.
Applicants via the alternate pathway must also briefly address the 15 Core Competencies in their application. Please see our Resources page for a listing of the Competencies: http://www.asorc.org.au/resources/asorc-core-competencies
Please note that there is no set list of degrees, academic disciplines or universities: each qualification is individually assessed upon application.
Should an applicant not fully meet the requirements, they may be eligible, at ASORC’s discretion, for Associate Membership and undertake a period of supervision. The duration and content of the supervision program will be individually tailored to each applicant’s circumstances to allow them to apply for Full Membership at the successful completion of the supervision program.
- Journal of Rehabilitation Counselling - 2 per year (individual subscription price $343 per year)
- Core Competencies of Rehabilitation Counselling Booklet
- Code of Ethics Booklet
- Ambassador Membership Card - offers access to reduced rates for a range of dining, accommodation, goods and services
- ASORC ® Membership Certificate
- Member rates for ASORC ® PD activities
- Member rates for ASORC ® Biennial Conference
- Regular Newsletters/updates
- Web access - Members Portal
Use of post-nominals:
Full Members of the Society are entitled to use the post nominal MASRC ® to indicate professional membership of the Society
Voting rights and membership fees:
Full Members have voting rights and may serve on the National Council. Full Members are required to pay an annual membership fee.
How to Apply:
You can apply online by following this link - you will be asked to upload your CV and certified qualifications and pay the $66.00 application processing fee.
This membership does not allow online signup.