Associate Membership is open to applicants who:
- have completed an ASORC ® accredited, graduate diploma or post graduate degree in Rehabilitation Counselling without Behavioural Science undergraduate qualifications but these qualifications must be ‘closely related’, until a supervision period has confirmed the competency level of the applicants.Or
- applicants who have a under graduate degree in the behavioural sciences but have not completed a graduate diploma or post graduate degree in Rehabilitation Counselling but who have a minimum of 12 months experience in a role relevant to Rehabilitation Counselling.
Associate Membership applications are assessed on a case by case basis by the Membership Committee. Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- An undergraduate (bachelor) degree, graduate diploma or post graduate degree in Behavioural Sciences. These typically include psychology, behavioural sciences, and some social sciences and health sciences qualifications and;
- A history of current work in a professional position requiring the use of the Rehabilitation Counsellor core competencies, for a period of at least 12 months full-time equivalent.
Please note that there is no set list of degrees, academic disciplines or universities: each qualification is individually assessed upon application.
To progress to Full Membership, Associate members are required to undergo a period of individually tailored professional supervision for typically 12 to 18 months (dependent on existing skills and qualifications) and may be required to complete further relevant study. Please see http://www.asorc.org.au/education/asorc-accredited-university-courses for more information.
- Journal of Rehabilitation Counselling - 2 per year (individual subscription price $343 per year)
- Core Competencies of Rehabilitation Counselling Booklet
- Code of Ethics Booklet
- Ambassador Membership Card - offering access to reduced rates for a range of dining, accommodation, goods and services.
- ASORC ® Membership Certificate
- Member rates for ASORC ® PD activities
- Member rates for ASORC ® Biennial Conference
- Regular Newsletters/updates
- Web access
Use of post-nominals:
Associate Members are not entitled to use the post-nominal MASRC ®.
Voting rights and membership fees:
Associate Members do not have voting rights. However, Associate Members may serve on committees and sub-committees, and participate in an advisory capacity on the National Council.
Associate Members are required to pay an annual membership fee.
How to Apply:
You can apply online by following this link - you will be asked to upload your CV and certified qualifications and pay the $66.00 application processing fee.
This membership does not allow online signup.