This grade of membership is open to applicants who work, or intend to work, in Rehabilitation Counselling roles, but who do not meet the requirements for Full or Associate Membership of ASORC ®. This level of membership is time limited to three years.
Affiliate Membership applications are dealt with on a case by case basis by the Membership Committee.
Affiliate Memberships are open to applicants who:
- have an undergraduate (bachelor) degree, graduate diploma or post graduate degree in Behavioural Sciences. These typically include psychology, behavioural sciences, and some social sciences and health sciences qualifications. OR
have completed a Grad Dip Rehabilitation Counselling accredited course without a behavioural science degree.
Please note that there is no set list of degrees, academic disciplines or universities: each qualification is individually assessed upon application.
To progress to Associate Membership, Affiliate members may be required to:
- Design a learning plan with their employer to develop their industry skills and provide an employer report on completion.
- Enrol in (within 12 months) and complete (within three years) Rehabilitation Counselling courses specified by ASORC ® from an ASORC ® accredited program. Please see http://www.asorc.org.au/education/asorc-accredited-university-courses for more information on study options.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 12 months experience in a role relevant to Rehabilitation Counselling and ASORC ® Core Competencies: For the Profession of Rehabilitation Counselling.
Please be aware that the Heads of Workers Compensation Authority (HWCA) as the over-arching body for service provision within Workers Compensation across the nation does not recognise Affiliate membership. HWCA only recognises Full and Associate level membership.
- Journal of Rehabilitation Counselling - 2 per year (individual subscription price $343 per year)
- Core Competencies of Rehabilitation Counselling Booklet
- Code of Ethics Booklet
- Ambassador Membership Card - offers access to reduced rates for a range of dining, accommodation, goods and services.
- ASORC ® Membership Certificate
- Member rates for ASORC ® PD activities
- Member rates for ASORC ® Biennial Conference
- Regular Newsletters/updates
- Web access
Use of post-nominals:
Affiliate Members are not entitled to use ASORC ® post-nominals.
Voting rights and membership fees:
Affiliate Members do not have voting rights. However, Affiliate Members may serve on committees and sub-committees, and participate in an advisory capacity on the National Council.
Affiliate Members are required to pay an annual membership fee.
How to Apply:
You can apply online by following this link - you will be asked to upload your CV and certified qualifications and pay the $66.00 application processing fee.
This membership does not allow online signup.