ASORC Accredited Rehab Counselling Courses
Since 2000 the Australian Society of Rehabilitation Counsellors Inc. ASORC ® has been officially accrediting rehabilitation counsellor training programs at University undergraduate and postgraduate level throughout Australia. ASORC ® is keen to work cooperatively with education facilities throughout Australia to improve the number, quality and breadth of rehabilitation counsellor training programs.
The following institutions currently offer ASORC ® Accredited Rehabilitation Counsellor academic programs:
University of Sydney - Offers Distance Education http://www.fhs.usyd.edu.au/rehabcounselling/index.shtml
Currently Accredited Courses - Accredited in 2014
- Graduate Diploma in Rehabilitation Counselling - On and off-campus; full-time, 2 semesters; part-time, 4 semesters
- Master of Rehabilitation Counselling - On and off-campus: full-time, 4 semesters; part-time, 8 semesters
Previously Accredited Courses
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (Rehab Counselling)
- Bachelor of Health Sciences/Master of Rehabilitation Counselling
Griffith University - Offers Distance Education http://www.griffith.edu.au/academicprogramsandcourses/
- Combined Bachelor of Human Services/Master of Rehabilitation Counselling (2014)
(Currently undergoing ASORC accreditation)
Previously Accredited Courses
- Bachelor of Human Services (Rehab Counselling)
- Master of Human Services (Rehab Counselling)
- Bachelor of Human Services/Masters of Rehabilitation Counselling (up to 2013)
Affiliate and Associate members may be required to enrol in one or two ASORC accredited 'courses' (modules) which form part of the Master of Human Services (Rehab Counselling), at Griffith University. Specific advice will be given to applicants upon assessment of their membership application.
- 7003HSV “An Introduction to Rehabilitation Counselling” Offered in Semester 1 from 2014
- 7005HSV "Vocational Evaluation" Offered in Semester 1 from 2014
Please contact the University directly for enrolment information. email@example.com
- Postgraduate Diploma in Rehabilitation Studies ~Currently undergoing accreditation review
- Master of Health Sciences (Rehabilitation Counselling) ~Currently undergoing accreditation review
La Trobe programs are currently undergoing accreditation review
For more information about RC programs at La Trobe or enrolment please contact Greg Murphy on G.Murphy@latrobe.edu.au
or Senior Post-Graduate Student Services Officer - Ms Sonia Chiappa on 03 9479 5724 or S.Chiappa@latrobe.edu.au
University of Tasmania - http://www.utas.edu.au/
- Graduate Diploma in Rehabilitation Counselling
- Master of Rehabilitation Counselling
** Programs are currently undergoing accreditation review
There may be other University courses that have been discontinued, had a name change, or overseas qualifications in Rehabilitation Counselling (particularly from the USA and Canada) that qualify a person for membership, however these would need to be considered on a case-by-case basis on formal application.
For information regarding Rehabilitation Counselling training programs and eligibility requirements please make contact directly with the University.
Please note that no TAFE qualifications (eg: Certificate 4, Diploma or Advanced Diploma) are approved, as the minimum academic qualification is degree level. Some TAFE courses may articulate into Rehabilitation Counselling undergraduate degree programs, and students may get credit for TAFE studies completed, but the potential student needs to follow this up with the University.